Friday, February 26, 2010

Farm Fresh To You.


We received our first shipment of fresh, organic produce this morning from Farm Fresh To You. Everything looks scrumptious and I am so excited. We heard about this through a friend of ours and we thought that it would be worth it to try once, and if it was good, then we would keep going with it. In the past, we have bought our organic produce from farmers markets or grocery stores but as we all know, it can be pretty costly. What Farm Fresh To You does, is they harvest seasonal fruits and veggies from local, organic farmers and distribute them to their customers by delivering it to their home. You have the option of having it delivered every week, every other week or once a month. There are four different size shipments that you can choose from and you can see what they will be harvesting. We chose the second size to be delivered every other week, since it is only the 2 of us, we don't go through food that fast. At first, I didn't know if it would work for us because I really like picking and examining my own food to make sure I am getting the best but, again, I thought it would be worth it to try once (it can be canceled whenever you want). After looking though our produce today, I can see that it is definitely something that I will continue to use. Everything looked so so yummy and perfectly picked (with the exception of one blood orange that looks like it got dinged on one side). So, what did we get?
  • Cameo Apples, 3
  • Fuji Apples, 2
  • D'Anjou Pears, 2
  • Blood Oranges, 3
  • Hass Avocado, 1
  • Eureka Lemons, 2
  • Broccoli, 1 crown
  • Chard, 1 bunch
  • Collard Greens, 1 bunch
  • Leeks, 1 lb.
  • Celery, 1 bunch
  • Romaine Lettuce, 1 head
  • Beets, 1 bunch
  • Yukon Potatoes, 2 lbs.
  • Red Onions, 1 lb.
And with our order, came a newsletter and four recipes. I'm pretty darn excited about this. How convenient it is to have our fresh fruits and veggies placed on our door step? Lovely. We pay $31 a shipment that comes every other week. We are going to see how it goes, and if we need to up our order, we will. If you are interested in this too, when you sign up, use code 6164 and type Paul de Partee and you will receive $5 off your first shipment.

I couldn't get all of the veggies in one shot but this is some of them. Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of doing something like that too through some of our local farms...let me know how it goes...obviously it'll be awesome :)

katie said...

This post made me hungry.