Friday, February 12, 2010

Organic Candied Walnuts

My little computer's camera is working quite well for me these days.

I have been trying to come up with some new ways to make my everyday salad a bit more exciting... and so far, I have been successful. I look forward to it everyday. So here is a new one for me and I think I'm obsessed. :) This is so simple and easy to make.

Organic Candied Walnuts
  • 2 Tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
  • 1/4 cup Organic Walnuts
  • A pinch of Salt
Heat maple syrup in a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add walnuts and salt and mix around until the walnuts are evenly coated and caramelized, about 2-3 minutes. Let cool on wax paper (or foil) and serve. Hope you like it.

Unfortunately for me, I first tried this with molasses and it was a definite no-go. Boohoooo..

4 comments:

steph said...

Walnuts are my fav to put in salads :)

jennainthesky said...

MMMMmmmm.. me too! :)

Amber said...

I wonder if agave nectar would work??? Then it would be sugarless...????

jennainthesky said...

I believe that agave would work great as well, Amber. That was going to be the next thing I tried if the maple syrup didn't work out.