Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Flowers, For Me?


Paul has been working a lot of overtime the past few weeks, which puts him home much
later in the day than I'm used to. Last week was a stressful week at work for me
(and for him) and with Paul coming home later, it kind of bummed me out.
Today, he was supposed to be getting off work at 6 (starting at 6am mind you),
and so my plan was to run all of the errands I needed to do, in time for his
homecoming. Well... at 3ish, I was in the kitchen doing some dishes
when unbeknown-st to me, the front door opens and in comes walking
my darling husband with a lovely bouquet of flowers, just for me.
Yellow ranunculas and wax flowers.. I just love them. I could not have
been more thrilled at that moment. He told me that he had canceled his overtime
that morning and wanted to surprise me tonight. We ran our errands together
and then treated me to sushi (my favorite!) and Golden Spoon. Now we are back home
and are about to start a new (for us) episode of Heroes. And I am really happy.
I just love this man.



5 comments:

katie said...

That is the sweetest thing!!!

Love you guys!

Steph Kunze said...

Awww! What a great husband! It must have been in the air :) Love ya!

Unknown said...

You're welcome.. for cancelling the OT of course! ;)

the shoppe owner said...

such sweetness! i love my husband, too! today is our 10th wedding anniversary!!! eee!

jennainthesky said...

:) Thanks guys.

Happy anniversary Susan! :)