Sunday, March 7, 2010

Our carrots are in love.


Upland has started up their farmer's market again and this past Thursday was the first night. We made a date night out of it and had a really nice time. I wrote about Farm Fresh To You a couple posts back and about how we get a shipment every other Friday morning. Well, we realized that it doesn't last us the full two weeks so we had to stock up on some veggies. We bought some really beautiful asparagus, swiss chard, red lettuce, cherry tomatoes (the farmer told us that they never had to plant these on his farm, they just grow wild and they are delicious) and carrots. Paul wanted to pick out the carrots because he is the one who eats the bulk of them and when he came back, he had two big bunches with their pretty greens still attached. He showed me one of the bunches and said that he had picked it because of the two carrots that had grown together to look like a heart. I thought it was too cute and I just had to take a picture, and here I am sharing it with you all. It made me really happy. :)

I trust that you are all having a nice weekend and I hope you are enjoying the rain and the sunshine.

1 comment:

steph kunze said...

Oh my gosh! I love that! God grew that carrot knowing you guys would love it and would appreciate such a beautiful creation :) Love you guys...oh and the 13th sounds great! Let me talk to Ty about what time he gets off work...i'll get right back to you.