Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Israeli Cous Cous with Leeks and Tomatoes


This has quickly become my "go to" meal when I don't have a lot of time and it also has become one of our favorite dinners. It's really easy to make and super good for you. I concocted this one night in my kitchen a while back and have been able to successfully recreate it. :)

Israeli Cous Cous with Leeks and Tomatoes
  • 1 Leek, finely chopped
  • 2 cups of grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 of a lemon
  • 2 cups Israeli Cous Cous (I buy mine from Trader Joes)
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper
Cook cous cous to package instructions and set aside. Coat the bottom of a saute pan with olive oil and heat over medium low heat. Saute leeks until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes and lemon juice and cook over medium low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and add it to the cous cous. Fluff with a fork and mix it together. And that's it. I like to top it with freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese.

I hope you enjoy it. :)

P.s. I hate this heat.. and I know it hasn't even begun!

3 comments:

katie said...

You're my new Martha Stewart.

jennainthesky said...

Haha you're funny Katie. I wish!

kellee said...

I'm going to try this :O) Thanks!