Monday, August 9, 2010

The weekend is over.


This weekend was so busy but so so so so fantastic. Mal drove down Friday
and stayed with us for the weekend, which is always the highlight.
Saturday was Chelsea's bridal shower. It was a bridal wonderland and
I can't believe how beautiful it was. It was a lot of planning
and hard work but it was so worth it to see her face when she walked
in. I'm honored to be able to stand by her side on her
special day. The day (and the weekend) went by so so quickly. It was
great to have everyone together. Mal and I went to the movies
on Saturday night and drove around in the late evening,
going to places that we used to frequent in our late
teens and early twenties (I say that like I'm 45 or something, but it
felt so nostalgic, fun, exciting, scary...). Then, Sunday morning
breakfast in Claremont and then we waved goodbye and Mal
went back home. Paul and I had a relaxing afternoon/evening, watching
Netflix, napping, grocery shopping, playing with
the doggies, etc. It went by so fast and the new week is almost here.
Tomorrow is my first day nannying at my new little
part time job. I'm pretty excited, a little nervous too.
Here are a couple of pictures from the shower on Saturday.

The beautiful outdoor living room.

Chelsea underneath the paper pom poms. (I made 15 of them, with a little help from
my friendsies.)

And this is the before picture. We were in the midst of taking
silly pictures (because we always do) and we didn't notice the spider on the back
white pillow.. do you see it?! It's a monstrosity.

And this is after.. once someone pointed out that it was in our midst, about to pounce.
By far, thee best picture of the day.

Happy Monday everyone. :)

No comments: