Thursday, August 5, 2010

Venticinco

I turned 25 a couple of days ago.. and I feel different. Every other time
I heard someone say they were 25, my initial thought was "Whoa, old". So when the day
came around for me to turn 25.. I'll be honest, I wasn't thrilled. In my own head
and heart, I still feel like a 15 year old girl in high school. (Can anyone relate?.. Pretty please?)
Now that I'm here, I feel good. I celebrated the day with my closest friends (missing
Mal and Jonathan of course), with family and my love. On the evening of my
actual birthday, I came home to a candlelit picnic in the living room
and a homemade dinner prepared for me by my love. It was beautiful, romantic,
lovely, yummy and everything I could have asked for.
So, all in all, 25 is feeling pretty good right about now. I am blessed.


2 comments:

mrs.deane said...

Happy Birthday to you, dear one :)

Even though I'm FIVE years older than you... cough... cough... I can totally relate to your comment about feeling a lot younger. And, this 30th year of my life has honestly been the very best ever, and I hope your 25th year will be your best yet, too.

Hugs and sparkling wishes for a beautiful year ahead filled with blessings and loads more love than you can even imagine, Susan

jennainthesky said...

Thank you Susan. :)