Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last day of freedom.

Tomorrow is my first day back to work with the school district..
and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I am excited
to see the kids but not excited about the
daily grind of working and all. I really have enjoyed my
summer vacation. So since today was my last day of
summer, my darling and I decided to spend the day in our
favorite place: Pasadena. It was the perfect day. I'd say it was
almost comparable to this day. The weather was completely
out of the norm of this past week, so cool, clear and breezyyyy.
Loved it. We enjoyed lunch at Noah's Bagels and coffee at
Peet's and then went to the happiest place on earth,
Anthropologie. (Did you think I was going to say
Disneyland? Hehe.)
We spent a great deal of time in there. I'm glad that
Paul likes to look at everything too and sit and
read their books. Remind me next time NOT to try on
pretty clothes that I don't intend on buying -- bad idea.
I did buy myself a little something though and got to use my
15% off birthday coupon, yay! That made me happy.
We then walked around and shopped in some other pretty stores
and then sat in Barnes and Noble and read for
a while. We love doing that. :) It was so relaxing.
We came home and I made us dinner and we enjoyed a glass
of wine and we talked. And talked. We talked deeply
about our future, the L-rd and what He is doing for us,
and what we want to see happen in the months coming.
My husband is a very deep thinker and I love to hear
his mind unravel. It's so beautiful.
Then Chad came over for a visit and talked about school,
girls, jobs and his life.. I love when I get the
big run-down of what's been going on in his life since we
last chatted. He's pretty great.

And now it is time for bed. The summer is officially over.
G'night.

No comments: