Friday, January 1, 2010

One.One.TwoThousandTen

I'm here at this new destination and I like the feel of it. I love having something new to work on and look at, so I am bringing in the new year with lots of new things and new improvements. Last night was New Years Eve and Paul and I spent it with some of our closest friends - singing loudly, laughing until our sides ached, dancing, hugging and kissing. It was a really great way for us to end the year. I can't believe 2009 is over. Did it fly by for you like it did for us? In looking back on all the we did, it blows my mind. Tomorrow is mine and Paul's one year wedding anniversary.. u n b e l i e v a b l e. I can't really put a feeling into words other than saying that my tummy flutters when I think about that day and thinking about what I was doing right now, one year ago. I saw my parents a couple of days ago and my dad asked me if it felt surreal thinking back on a year ago and seeing and experiencing how quickly it came and went. My dad has always said that time goes by quicker the older you get and I always listened but never knew quite grasped what he was saying. He talked about how their first year of marriage flew by for them and how the years following seems to go quick too. Now that I have grown up (just a bit), I know what he is saying. And it is a slightly eerie but at the same time, comforting feeling to be in the same place that my dad was in years ago.

So let's see... I'm going to make a quick list for what I would like to see happen in this new year. This isn't a resolution list, just a strive to achieve list. :) I've never been really good with resolutions. Here we go, I would like to..

...become a stronger woman of G-d.
...take more walks.
...read more books.
...buy fresh flowers weekly.
...write more hand written letters.
...wear my apron everyday.
...love Jesus more.
...make sun tea in my backyard.
...maintain a healthier lifestyle.
...stay home in the evenings more with Paul rather than us going out.
...craft a little bit everyday.
...bake flowerless cakes.
...travel!
...make handmade gifts for family and friend's birthdays.
...make more chicken tortilla soup.
...light more candles.
...take at least one picture everyday.
...grow closer to the L-rd everyday.
...finish all of the projects that I start.
...love my husband more (which isn't hard to do).
...make the bed at least 3 days a week.
...get control of my road rage (yipes).
...get more exercise.
...blog 1-2 times a week.
...help someone in need.
...spend more time with my grandma.
...love more.
...become a better wife, daughter, sister and friend.

I hope that everyone had a fun, safe New Years Eve. I am excited for 2010 and all that it will bring. And for now I leave you with this, of course it's Sufjan Stevens. I guess maybe he sings the theme song of my life. I love how he writes, how he sings and his creative ability. I hope you enjoy the song. Happy New Year and love to you all. :)







4 comments:

Amber said...

I cannot believe you ahve been married for a year...THAT is insane!!! I LOVE the new blog and am soooo excited about it!

Anonymous said...

:) Love you...happy new year!

the shoppe owner said...

i wanted to call you up and tell you happy anniversary, but then i thought that might seem kind of weird... even though it isn't. i am so happy for you and for paul. what a wonderful blessing your marriage is!

sadly, i still have your package. i'm sorry. i will mail it soon, i promise!

hugs, susan

jennainthesky said...

You should have called Susan! Thank you for thinking of us. :)