Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One.Five.TwoThousandTen

Paul should be home in approximately one hour. He picked up 20 extra hours at work this week (which totals to 60 hours - yipes) and I am trying to be a good wife by making sure the house is clean, dinner is on the table and that I am dressed in my sweetest apron as he crosses the threshold. Real Simple's orange chicken with bulgar pilaf (sub quinoa for bulgar because the grocery store didn't have it, darn) will be served on our dinner table this evening and I hope it turns out just right. I am really trying to commit to my "2010 try to achieve" list this week (one week at a time) and I am doing that by staying in tonight and cooking for the two of us instead of going out. Feels good. :)

Another way that I am sticking to my list is by taking a picture everyday. So for today's picture, I give you this: my new favorite pillow. This was gifted to us by Mallory and Jonathan for our Christmas present and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. Here it rests on our couch and I look at it fondly every time I enter the room.

The little sign in front says "de Partee" (!)

I wish the picture could be better but as we know, the photo booth camera is going to have to have to cut it until something better comes along. Is this not the cutest thing? I have a lot of love for this little pillow. Please excuse Tootsie's behind, she was not willing to move for the photo. Happy Tuesday. :)

5 comments:

Amber said...

wait...i left a comment here...now its gone.

I LOVE that pillow! It is AMAZING. Did she make it? Can I get a pattern somewhere??? It is seriously the MOSt wonderful pillow EVER EVER>

the shoppe owner said...

That looks like one of Fallon's (olive) pillows!!! Is it??? It's adorable. Do you know what Mallory gave to me??? I LOVE it, too. So happy now that I waited to order it for myself :)

Anonymous said...

Cutest pillow ever! I, too, would love to know if Mal made it!?

jennainthesky said...

Amber and Steph - I know! Is this not thee cutest thing ever! It's from Etsy and the shop is called Olive. Take a looksie. :) http://www.etsy.com/shop/OIive

Susan - I didn't see what Mallory gave to you! I think she told me so I will have to ask her again.. or perhaps you can refresh my memory? :) I love Olive's shop!!

the shoppe owner said...

She gave me the table runner I love by Betsy Grace on Etsy, with our family initial (D) embroidered in the prettiest yellow. Yay! I couldn't love it more :)